PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "A Striker rocket is stronger than a Decimator rocket."
View Single Post
Old 2003-08-05, 02:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I've Tried all the AV weapons with alt, as well as played against all 3 empires AV weapons with most kinds of vehicles (squitoe, reaver, harraser/enforcer, Vangaurd/Prowler, MAX, Gal) and I have this to say:

AV weapons are fine as they are, with the striker MAYBE being a little bit overpowered against MAXes.

The Striker is the only AV weapon that is half-way decent at takeing out aircraft(and remember, aircraft are Vehicles too), but is reletively crappy against ground targets. The striker is the best indoor AV weapon of the 3 empires.

The phoenix is great outdoors, but bites indoors or any reletively close range. It's harder to steer than most people give it credit for as well. However, it does a good job of scareing away reavers and killing stupid mosquitoe pilots. Killing a reaver is extreamly rare, as it takes 4 phoenix rockets in order for the pilot to loose control.

I have not used the lancer extencively, but it makes a decent MAX killer in and out doors, and is the AV weapon with the best chance against infantry(but why are you useing it against infantry anyways?). It is also great against buggies and lightnings if used by a skilled operator. Leading correctly with it is key.