PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - "A Striker rocket is stronger than a Decimator rocket."
View Single Post
Old 2003-08-05, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
RedArrow
Private

I think that the striker and how many situations it can be used in is over powered not how hard it hits for. But seeing there is such a large usage of the weapon it looks much much stronger than it is. Yes if you get hit with 8 strikers all at once it will blow up most things. (afterburners will out run rockets and once the lock is broke then the missle goes straight, so run around terain and you will lose it, yes 60 TR with strikers is crazy and keeps planes from the battle, there is why we do it, reavers + Infantry = Infantry death fast with no way to fight them. Tada striker now the evil reaver runs away. 50% of the time I don't fire just get missle lock to scare off planes, don't always work they still kill me alot even though I have a striker)

Striker: Inside you can use it easy with due to the lock on. Out side it works not as well due to terain but it is still extreamly effective. Long range it is great due to lock on, Med the same, short the same.

Phenox: Inside it really isn't useable effectivly. Outside it is godly due to the fact you can controll it. Long range is where it excells I would say much better than the striker here, Med range not as good but still works, here is where you need some skill. Short range pull out your jackhammer and forget about the phenox duh.

Lancer: Inside it can deal some dammage but your probly not going to win the fight. Outside It is much better seeing that it can be used like a sniper riffle. Long range it is good but you have to be a really good aim, you got to be just like a sniper. Med range fire it and and go nuts till you get run over, might as go down in a blaze of glory, hay you never know you mught get lucky. Close range No way, use the lasher.

From what it looks like to me is that the Striker will work in most situations and is the best (overpowerd if you must use nerf it words) number 2 in the "well balanced" catagory is the Phenox and the runner up in the "I never use it" catagory is the Lancer.