PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - So every HA can be an aircraft counter?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Re: So every HA can be an aircraft counter?

So what I noticed in the video was AA rockets hitting buildings and rocks. I noticed TB giving up on shots on aircraft because of them flying out of view (because buildings/objects would explode the rocket). I noticed there is a delay for both AA & AV lock.

I also noticed on this map that things are much more "taller and clustered." In PS1 you had buildings that were 3-4 stories tops. Here you have buildings that seem to be 10 stories tall and clustered tighter together with rock columns, providing more cover for aircraft from ground attacks. It looks like AA infantry has to find positions of height and good, open sky view to be more effective.

I noticed TB launching AV shots from the roof of a building both in direct fire and lock-on. His lock-on the Mag was a much slower shot.

As I read and watch video discussion of certs, you'll be able to cert everything on one character given enough time. However, what you can carry is limited. So it looks like just like in PS1, you can only carry two big items with Heavy Armor (HA) (Rifle + Launcher) . As I see in the video, you get a AA/AV launcher. I would hope you also could have a more powerful AA-only launcher, and a more powerful AV-only launcher. And if you want the AA/AV launcher you have to cert both, which doesn't sound like a big deal in doing that.

The certs sound so more complex that I wouldn't be surprised if you had to also cert lock-on (multiple cert levels), AND additionally fire-and-forget (more multiple cert levels). Certing for some of that "delta-v" and "gimbel" talk sounds really cool too. And certs to avoid objects better: lock, aim away into open sky, fire, forget. It sounds like they have plans for complex certing like this, but it's not all making it into beta or launch.

The highest Battle Rank (BR) I saw was 4, so there's no telling what the players could unlock. But it looked like from the weapon and vehicle term selections that the devs already unlocked certs for the players to fool around with similar to at E3. I don't think you could do all the things that TB was able to do right out of the gate.

Also, it looked like the devs made their character load-outs preset, and more powerful then normal spawn load-outs. They avoided them spending in-game time setting up their load-outs.

As in PS1 I'm not for air being the only hard-counter for air. It looks like 1 HA AV infantry doesn't much of a chance with air other then to scare them away with lock warnings. 2-3 HA AV infantry though aught to take aircraft out. All air is vtols by the way, so you can chase down infantry much better then jets.