PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - No Auraxis for Tanks!
View Single Post
Old 2014-02-02, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: No Auraxis for Tanks!

I completely agree that Tanks (or vehicles in general) shouldn't have a angle on the spawn-room because that's just obnoxious - If vehicles are spamming the spawn then you don't have a "enjoyable" fight in any sense of the word.

Looking at Tanks from a competitive angle... What use do they have outside of Indar and objectiveless fields?

- New Esamire base design has giant walls or large crystal/rock formations completely denying Tanks any and all access to the fight, relegating them to the Fields where there's no objective.

- New Amerish from what I've seen is more of the same inspirations from Esamire with walls and natural barriers denying Tanks in favor of Infantry only zones.

Competitively speaking to take a facility you need to work out the logistics of getting the majority of your Squad/Platoon to the Objective. In the past you needed to gal drop and hold the objective with medics/squad beacon or fight for a foot-hold with tanks to get your Sunderer in with fresh troops spawning in. So you had a reason to spawn tanks to establish that beach head.

Now you can hover a galaxy at the flight ceiling and just drop in right on the objective in the middle of those giant walled/barrier facilities, instantly respawning on said gal. No need for tanks or a beachhead unless you want pub support... and that's it.

What relevance does the Tank have in the competitive side of things?