PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS Code of Honor Pact
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-14, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #114
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: PS Code of Honor Pact

Originally Posted by bedzike View Post
You can all talk shot but its funny to see hippo try to kill someone with his horrible aimanymore.
Funny, his aim and timing seems fine to me.

And for effect what happen to your outfit? That's right they were kicked for cheating.
No, they wern't...

I too can get a edge on players let me download a torrent while I play PS and get 300 ping and never get hit simple enough but why do that when I can just open up cheat engine and teleport around and rof and cod hack.this game has no cheat detection never did never will.
I get 170-240ms ping for just being in Europe (my word, do I miss the 15ms ping to Werner...). I do hope you also realise that your own ping adds to his? Because if it takes a server package 0.15 seconds to reach you (150ms ping) and it takes 0.15 seconds after that to arrive at Hippo, that you'll effectively have a 300ms ping?

SOE tried a cheat detection system, but it didn't work since it is hard to determine what third person programs are running.

And...

Because even legit people can simply live far away and because they all use different hardware and have different connections, standardising and good detection is virtually impossible... And no. Other games often don't have proper cheat detection either.

So I could just go on ***********.de and download a hack or damncheaters.com and buy hacks. Or play legit and have players like you who use torrents to get high ping.
Actually, most hackers are players that argued like you did just now... "Everyone else cheats, so I should cheat as well to compete". :/ The entire idea that someone might just be better OR has a legit, natural, yet annoying ping (dis)advantage is not considered the most reasonable assumption by too many people that argue in this way.

My game runs at 1k fps so no one warps on my screen so there no need for me to have a competitive edge everyone ten times easier now that I Dont have a 4 sec delay.
My game runs at 300 frames per second, but the amount of frames per second my pc produces does not reduce the length of the Trans-Atlantic and cross-continent cables...

If people aren't lagging on your screen, it just means you have a good ping to the server (and that they probably do too). Since lag is not something you can compensate for with a pc.

The only thing you can compensate for with a pc is stutter and package handling on your end.

Last edited by Figment; 2014-05-14 at 09:56 AM.