PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Station cash vs ingame cash.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Bonius
Sergeant

Re: Station cash vs ingame cash.

Originally Posted by SgtMookie View Post
Maybe a Idea would be station cash to buy the ingame curreny that is needed.

Here is a few examples
  • I have 5,000 of (X) and need 10,000 of (X) to buy the item, so I would go on the station cash site buy a 5,000 of (X) for $.99 then bam I have 10,000 of (X) and can buy the item
  • or Say you need 10,000 of (X) and 25,000 of (Y) and 10,000 of (Z) but your empire is always low on (Z) then this could be tracked by SOE to find out what each empire is always needing resource wise so they can make adjustments (possibly)
I bring it up this way so you can buy the ingame resources and not just that item. That way it keeps the market easier to manage and allows the users to spend more time ingame acquiring resources and just subbing in resources they need instead for certain items.
That would also make every item in-game accessible to anyone, thus they lose their market value and "special feel", resulting in noone (or very few) buying the item.

Having Station Cash as requirement to buy those rare color palettes / camos / taunts are completely fine in my book. As long as they stay on the path they're currently on with a distinct difference between the resources, then all is well in planetside world.