PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Idea: A new class of suit to consider the "Mule"
View Single Post
Old 2002-10-10, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

I dunno... MAXs have a fairly large ammo capacity AND they can attack stuff. If they did decide to incorporate something like you suggested, there would have to be some penalties.

Normal person = Normal Inventory Space
Person in MAX = Large Inventory Space
Pack Mule = THREE times a Large Inventory Space?

I doubt they will have this because it would affect balance. Two people with two accounts could support an entire outfit in terms of supplies. They'd never run out of room, and opposing outfits would then be forced to get a Pack Mule just so they don't have to worry about running out of supplies/ammo either.

Since this game no longer sports an economy, there are two deciding factors left: Time it takes to get it (i.e. with vehicles), and inventory space (i.e. weapons). Allz you do if you die to get more weapons is going to a local weapons depot (obviously not called that, but feeling much to lazy to check actual name) and pick it up. If you didn't have to choose wisely in what kind of weapon and ammo you need, then this would turn into a very un-fun game. Limits in games is what makes them fun. You need to OVERCOME them, not waltz through them.

And it's not that I don't think highly of you either. I just don't like the idea.