PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - North Carolina pastor calls for death of gays
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-23, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: North Carolina pastor calls for death of gays

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Just ask Hansime.
Either that has to do with:

1. The AA vs aircav debate where certain aircav users think I was going to nerf them (instead of balance them better with nerfs (Wasp/Wall Tower AA) and buffs (lock on time Sparrow, slightly better Flaklet) to different forms of AA and remove one form of AA (driver BFR AA) and replace it by another (two crew AA heavy tank) and suggesting a pilot suit that was more in line with Standard inventory size). And still being butthurt over that.

OR.

2. It has to do with a thread where some VS were bragging about resecuring back and forth by ping-ponging with a concentrated force of aircavs against a significantly larger, but spread out and pinned down by 15 min CC timers populace of people (trying to hold bases on two opposing sides of the continent and within a base having to hold outside (defend AMS from a group of Reavers/Mossies and Expert Hackers) and inside (CC and or base entrances and spawns)). Meaning that their opposition, unlike them, had fewer to hold the CC than they made it sound (for 15 mins), especially with the sorry state the game is in. While they just needed to get 15 seconds alone with the CC each time with (as I complimented them on) an individual better and as a group more organised bunch of people.

Meanwhile they were pretending to take on 70% pop at once, rather than just the fraction of the split pop that was present at each base and along the route to the CC, where it was insisted they took on 70% at once... I mean, clearly all those 70% of pop was concentrated next to both CCs at once...

I was supposedly "downplaying the achievement", I belief they said... to "safe face" (even though I had not played for three months and had not actually been there and pointed out that attacking the other side of the continent is even with an overal larger pop hard to defend, especially against an aircav unit and the state the game was in...), rather than analysing what actually happened and correcting some people making a rather inaccurate claim... I never said it wasn't a fine achievement, just not as special as they made it sound.

Still, I find it funny he's still a bit butthurt over it. He does have quite the ego though (obvious enough from his responses here) and that's fine IMO, as long as you're being realistic and fair.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-05-23 at 04:53 PM.