PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Media Roundup
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-09, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info
Re: Planetside 2 Media Roundup

Just watched all the videos, some thoughts came up while watching though.

The possible quick knife, if it's instant kill what bonuses are possible for it? More importantly will MAXs be able to melee? Crumping people with the hand that isn't a giant gun has a deep appeal (as does crushing people under a falling VS MAX). CoD and TF2 both encourage melee as winning a gunfight with a knife is deeply enjoyable.

Finding the last AMS to stop an assault on a base is annoying. It's going to be more annoying when that spawn point has surge and is permanently cloaked. On the other hand, clowncarring can now be done with infils.

The ability for outfits to create their own bases is interesting but can they be destroyed as well?

The resources were talked about in how they can be used to mod tanks and such. Mr. Higby said that it only lasted until the tank was destroyed. So obviously the attachments require resources per use. Is this also the case with attachments for guns? Do vehicles require resources to make regardless of attachments? Hope not, I'm a stingy git.

Will hover vehicles have after-burns rather than brakes? (Thresher drivers know what I'm talking about) And in that same vein, what's the maximum number of mines that can be placed? Mines and turrets were the only two deployables mentioned but I hope we'll have tank traps and aegis generators or similar again.

Kill streaks, I'm interested how they plan to do this as airstrikes and the like aren't possible. However, what about support personal? Smed talked about how galaxys will be harder to fly and will be a more rewarding experience, that would seem to mean that you'd be able to get similar bonuses for support as you would for frontline combat. But I'm having a hard time coming up with analogies for killstreaks and more importantly the bonuses that they would provide. Possibly the number of kills achieved by droppers would be the metric and an ability granted might be faster flight speed?

Are there going to be separate bonuses for gunners? Or will the driver get to pick between better handling or longer range weapons? Seems like a conflict of interests if it's the latter. How do kill streaks work in multi-man vehicles? e.g. If you're in a full raider and each of the 4 gunners got a kill does anyone get a reward? If so who decides when or if to use it? The driver's busy dodging mines and the gunners are working on a Reaver. Seems like passive benefits for kill streaks rather than triggered rewards would be the plausible solution.

And that's a wall of text.