PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Planetside 2 Media Roundup
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-10, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Blackice
PSU Staff

Re: Planetside 2 Media Roundup

Originally Posted by Captain1nsaneo View Post
Kill streaks, I'm interested how they plan to do this as airstrikes and the like aren't possible. However, what about support personal? Smed talked about how galaxys will be harder to fly and will be a more rewarding experience, that would seem to mean that you'd be able to get similar bonuses for support as you would for frontline combat. But I'm having a hard time coming up with analogies for killstreaks and more importantly the bonuses that they would provide. Possibly the number of kills achieved by droppers would be the metric and an ability granted might be faster flight speed?
This is the one thing that i did not like about Call of Duty. People have come to expect a reward out of their kill streaks. However, in most games that had kill streaks it was nothing more than letting you know that had killed 5, 10,15 people without dieing and the reward was just the satisfaction that you were playing well. If there are rewards offered i think that they should not be offered to the person who has achieved the kill streak but to the person who was able to stop them.