PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - New Outfits for Planetside
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-10, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: New Outfits for Planetside

I can't fathom why someone would ever complain about having too many vehicles, as compared to having them all condensed into a handful. I used the harasser plenty, it was great for when you were a new character up to around BR10. You needed certs spent elsewhere (weapons/armor) and couldn't afford a reaver for transport. Threshers were even better... extremely maneuverable and great at taking out infantry. ATV's were incredibly useful as well. Especially the Fury... that thing was a tank killing machine. You can hit them, but they don't have a chance of hitting you. Deliverers were great for amphibious transport, and their variants were extremely useful situational vehicles. The Aurora made short work of any ground unit. The Thunderer could easily take on any vehicle when fully crewed. The Raider was king at AA and fighting infantry/light vehicles. You seem to be complaining for the sake of complaining, Warborn.

You also talk about how since PS1 doesn't have any resources, it's pointless; the resources in PS2 are just as pointless. The majority of players will have more resources than they can even use. It adds a sense of depth but once you actually start paying attention, they don't really add anything to the game.

As for PS1 bases being terrible meatgrinders; yeah, they were. But at least it was fun. PS2 bases don't even have choke points. They're just an open arenas with no defensible positions. Don't even get me started on putting the respawn area on the outskirts of the base; I don't understand that design decision at all. The main base should always be accessible without putting yourself in danger.

Loadouts; you say in PS2, people rely on teamwork, and there are no one-man armies. Look at the Heavy Assault class. He can take on infantry, tanks, aircraft, MAXes, while taking large amounts of damage and even being able to heal himself if certed into medkits. It's not at all different from the PS1 HA/AV loadout. I much prefer being able to craft my own loadout for different situations as compared to being locked into cookie cutter roles from 'modern' games.

I completely agree with you about the command rank point, though. CR was a joke when all you had to do was spam invites and collect the sweet, sweet CEP. I liked Effective's suggestion of CR certs.

On the infiltrators, though, I find them much more boring to play than in PS1. Sneaking around solo in a base in the original could be pretty fun; you had to make use of your implants and evade other soldiers. Now the cloak isn't even good; it sticks out like he's just covering himself in aluminum foil.

All I'm saying is, if you don't like it, fine, but don't think there aren't others that love PS1.