PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Will Planetside 2 be playable with a gamepad / xbox 360 controller?
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Re: Will Planetside 2 be playable with a gamepad / xbox 360 controller?

Originally Posted by WildVS View Post
I used to think this was solely a console players request but on official forums last year I was spouting off the same "get a mouse noob" comment. Until the requester pointed out he had arthritis or some other handicap and the controllers were a matter of ergonomic necessity. At that point I felt like crawling under a rock
Exactly. I have a friend with severe carpal tunnel and a mouse/keyboard really seems to bother him, but a controller doesn't. I'll be playing with a keyboard, but I'll have trouble with the non-neutral hand placement, as lifting weights has given me some of the same problems. My laptop's keyboard (just like the OP's friend's) Isn't ergonomically designed, its flat. This causes unnatural wrist tension as a sacrifice for portability. It isn't always about "Ozmgz, why would you not be super comepetive and get the edge using a mouse!".

Shit, I even have a friend trying PS2 who has NEVER played a PC game and has used a controller all his life. Considering he may not be a planetside 'lifer' like some in here, it doesn't make sense for him to learn a new format when he'll move on in less than a year. Unless planetside really does change the industry, that is .

I hate it when someone asks a simple qeustion, and instead of being helpful, everyone tries to turn it into elitism.

To answer OP's question, I don't think support is confirmed yet, but I can't imagine a modern game NOT having support. And I'll take anything that increases that player base, because at this point its more important to me for PS2 to be popular at launch than elite

Last edited by OnexBigxHebrew; 2012-07-11 at 11:09 AM.