PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Yay, this is (slowly) becoming an enjoyable experience
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-19, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: Yay, this is (slowly) becoming an enjoyable experience

Hehe, thanks for the feedback and the info, good to know i can atleast see the "lock or lose" thing on the map (it still sucks though ).

And maybe i should elaborate on the TTK issue;
With more hitpoints (or less one-hit kill bullshit weapons) you have a chance to react to the attacker, seeking cover and an actual fight ensues where factoring in player positions and avaible weapons are being of importance, thus resulting in more options = a more tactical fight. Might not be the definition of "tactical" gameplay, but that's what i was on about.

But this barely ever happens with a low TTK, and much less so in this game because of all the one-hitting crap. Nearly all situations are decided by who gets the jump on the other. Which makes actual engagements kinda boring and cheap feeling ...or frustrating if you are on the receiving end.
Planetside 2 is one of the very few online games where i actually feel sorry for the guy i just killed with one of the trillion cheap moves avaible here.

Wasdie put it very well, except that i would rather lean towards higher TTK and take the "slugfest" over the opposite of "instagib", which planetside 2 still seems more leaned to.
I just allways hated instagib modes, which allready annoyed the shit out of me back in unreal tournament. Gawd, this modified shock rifle. Bah.

That being said i will still hang around PS2, it feels like seeing a baby grow up. In realtime...

Edit: Also i moved over to VS, so that's why you don't see me bitching about the WW2 weapon feel and such as VS have SciFi weapons that kinda work for me (like the lasher). And as long as no lumifibre harrassers cross my path the game even begins to feel less cringeworthy when it comes to (visual) design.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2013-08-19 at 12:06 PM.