PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Jimmy Whisenhunt Joins PlanetSide 2 Team
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: Jimmy Whisenhunt Joins PlanetSide 2 Team

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Guys he's not here to change PlanetSide 2 into CS, or make an eSport, he's here to help us make our weapons FEEL awesome, balanced and competitive. Having a competitive FPS player on the team is going to help us out a lot.
cool.

http://www.hltv.org/blog/5155-interv...unt-whisenhunt
As you are one of the most knowledgeable esports experts in the U.S., do you have any specific "road map" for the development of an esports game or community?

I wouldn't say I'm by any means an expert, but I'm definitely flattered! As far as a road map goes, I'd say there's a path for success, and it's very simple. For any competition to succeed it MUST have a high skill ceiling, and since we're talking esports it MUST have some sort of way to engage spectators, similar to how the CS franchise has done with HLTV and commentators such as myself. There are a million factors that contribute to a successful esports community or game, I would probably spend the next 173 pages ranting about the perfect scenario... So I'll just leave it at those quick points.
Sounds good then.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL