PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Will I be able to max out Planetside 2 at 1366*768?
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-11, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Re: Will I be able to max out Planetside 2 at 1366*768?

Originally Posted by ruhtraeel View Post
There are definitely laptops that can run this well, like the Eurocom Scorpius , but Yeah I would actually say that laptop graphics cards are further than desktop ones, while processors are closer. I mean, Clevo managed to put a desktop i7 and desktop RAM into a laptop, but putting a desktop GTX 680 in a laptop is just silly. Added to the fact that a GTX 680m, the best laptop chip out there, is only about equivalent to a desktop GTX 560 Ti or so. Pretty much anything that isn't the Eurocom Scorpius can't Max out EVERY game (Scorpius has a GTX 680m SLI )
The main idea here being that planetside doesn't even come close to maxing out my GPU. Pretty ugly game (Don't get me wrong - looks better than I'd expect for an MMOFPS, lol), but loading all those players/vehicles at once is hard on CPUs and thats where people run into trouble. That and the fact that HDD's have been limiting as well.

Believe me though, these weak ass graphics don't even touch my GPU like any other modern game. Player Count is the issue for most laptops.