PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - End of September News Roundup
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-03, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Straws
Corporal

Re: End of September News Roundup

Originally Posted by nathanebht View Post
Well right now I have some feel for where I think they are in development. But a poor rough estimate from SOE would be better than nothing.

Straws, what key features do you think aren't finished?
Anything I would say would be heresey. I am not on the development team, so I don't even know the full least of features, but to put it this way, if all the features were already in game, then beta would be out, because after implimentation comes balancing, balancing requires more than an internal testing team of X emplyees.

Examples of what could be in the process of implimentation are the mechanics of vehicle aquisition. Base-capture methods may not be in yet. The mechnics behind territory capture may not be in yet.

Don't confuse concept and design with development and implimentation.

Back to the subject of being told when beta will be out, please note that from various interviews in November 2010, PS2 was going to be released in March 2011. The silence we had leading up to that date, as well as the lack of achievement on that date really pissed a lot of people off. Higby's approach is refreshing and professional. I hope it stays that way.

Last edited by Straws; 2011-10-03 at 11:48 AM.