PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Crawling on the ground... missing?
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-13, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
VikingKong
Sergeant

Re: Crawling on the ground... missing?

Originally Posted by Graf View Post
Lol! It would be cool if each class had its own special movement type. Light Assault gets jet pack an so does the MAX. Infiltrators get prone. Medics and Heavy assault get sprint, and Engineers could get a hover sled or something to attach to vehicals so the engineer can repair while the vehical is moving. Just a thought. This would further seperate classes, and implement cool new features while giving each class a type of movement that benifits the general playstyle that goes with that class.
Congrats, that's the most horrible idea I've heard all day*. Different play styles is one thing, movement keys randomly disabling themselves based on class is just something no game needs.

Player1: "Help! My sprint key has stopped working!"
Player2: "WTF? My jump key is borked!"
Player3: "Shit, I can't strafe all of a sudden. Time for a new keyboard."

*Not counting a re-read of Smed's blog post.

Originally Posted by Duskguy View Post
- a fast paced infantry combat (constant moving)
Which prone wouldn't effect in the slightest.
-less camping than prone COULD or possibly would allow/promote
People will camp (and why shouldn't they?). Nothing short of kicking players that don't move for x seconds will change that.
- infiltrators can go invisible.....whats the point of laying down to pretend you are invisible
Prone has nothing to do with visibility. It's all about minimising how much of you is shootable. Just like standing behind cover, which they seem to be encouraging.
-light assault are meant for mobility (jetpacks...) crawling would defeat the point of that mobility
Prone won't stop LAs jetting around any more than it will make HAs ditch their armour. "Sorry class's main selling point, I can lie down now so you're no longer needed."
-combat medics i could sort of understand prone for since they are suppossed to be behind the other infantry.
No they're not.
BUT they are given guns that work just as well as the other classes' and so this would create, literally, a class for dolphin diving.
Dolphin diving is a symptom of DICE and IW's inability to code/design for shit, not because of prone.

Last edited by VikingKong; 2012-08-13 at 11:41 AM.