PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Just a little Cry about faction hopping.
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-03, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dragonskin
Major

Re: Just a little Cry about faction hopping.

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
other solution: turn off friendly fire for battlerank 1-3.
still give out all the warnings, but don´t register the damage done.
This is possibly the best idea I have seen. I wouldn't stop at BR3. Make up to BR10 where friendly fire damage is turned off, but the messages still appear and you can still get weapon locked for attempting it.

This would be great for new players that aren't awesome at FPS games or used to friendly fire mechanics. A lot of Battlefield and Call of Duty players play on core servers and aren't neccessarily used to friendly fire mechanics. This could be a quality of life improvement that would also combat alts griefing.

Then on top of that they need a tracking method for players to report and flag griefers that are BR10+. SOE can manually observe those flagged players and ban the accounts where needed to make sure they are legit griefers. If people have to continually spend time to level an alt just to grief then they will be less likely to keep doing it.

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
maybe even take it a step further to prevent people from abusing this to intentionally get rid of friendly fire: a portion of the friendly fire damage is reflected and applies to the griefer instead of the friendlies.

also, the warnings and weaponlock counters would stay active at all times.
This would actually be better than even banning griefers. Instead of banning the account confirmed griefers have code turned on that makes all friendly fire damage hit the player instead of the friendly. Just have these griefers killing themselves. Don't even tell the player this was turned on. Let them message SOE to figure out why they can't kill friendlies.

Last edited by Dragonskin; 2013-06-03 at 08:21 AM.