PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-05, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
CR abilities shouldn't be usable unless you are a squad leader. Including command chats.
I'd say this is one of the faults in PS2 (not including the OS). In PS2 command chat is invisible and you might as well be playing as 1/2 squads plus a mindless directionless zerg.

Until you happen to be popped into squad leader where you find maybe 1 or 2 people willing to talk who in any case never say anything much more than 'moving one squad to xxxx'. Whatever there is and there isn't much is all tactics at best and no strategy.

In PS2 there is no community within the empire because those horizontal comms links in the main do not exist (defining intra-outfit comms as vertical), in fact empire loyalty as a whole is becoming blurred, it certainly isn't as fierce as it was in ps1.

PS1 had command rank functions defined well, I think people haven't appreciated the importance of them. PS2's alternative just does not work.

I'd say touch the command rank system at your peril.