PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-07, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Tablemat
Private

Re: If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?

Originally Posted by bedzike View Post
1. I think free rexo is fine if everyone gets it. or else you cant get reaver at br23
Says it all really.

If it became open source, i would -

1. Take gameplay and equipment back to pre-core combat. Keep the caves, links and mods though if possible (although changes needed, like NO aircraft in caves).

2. Remove Heavy Assault, at least initially. If you want to retain new players, you need to not be smashing their face in.

3. Increase timer on AV/AI MAX's whilst HA is absent. They then become the new HA, but not spamable.

4. Remove the option to bail from Any pilot seat, and remove the Reaver.

5. Remove all variants of the Plasma grenade.

The game was supposed to be about squad tactics and strategy. With the small population, most of the vehicles simply are not used at all, because lets face it, the important bits are all inside a structure.

Now its just HA, Reaver/Mossie, bailing and Plasma. Anything to not need to rely on other players, and get you into CQC. There are games now that do that far better.

I imagine 100% of people who frequent this forum will scorn these suggestions, because quite simply the game is currently about solo tactics and strategies.