PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - (Design)Infantry armor can probably use a bit of tweaking.
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-26, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chowley
Corporal

Re: (Design)Infantry armor can probably use a bit of tweaking.

I completely agree with the NC medic, camp 70's looking gimp that he/she is The concept art is so much better. Its really disappointing, I see no reason for them to change the whole head so much. The subtle grey camo was nice too (but i suppose skins are the thing here). But at least the medic wasnt a lumber jack 10 minutes previous.

The TR medic, I think at least looks really good. The concept art in my eyes seems more alien so maybe they felt it would impinge on VS style/theme. He also reminds me a lot of the ninja from Metal Gear Solid . I think he looks fantastic either way.

From memory though this is quite common with a lot of games, i dont think i have ever seen concept art translated completely accurately. Quite often I have noticed rather large departures from the concept art. But then I guess its how good/bad the end product looks is what matters more than keeping the model true to the concept.