PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - What is the right way of handling an Exploit?
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-21, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by KIAsan
Ok,
So I found what I think is an exploit. I wont mention details since that seems to be not the way of doing things. But I don`t know if it really is an exploit. Do I just submit the /bug report and leave it at that? I have been using it for a time and didn`t really think much about it, until the infamous cHam posts. Now that has me thinking maybe this ability is a bug that SOE missed. Is there anywhere I can go to check on this? I don`t want an unfair advantage, but I also don`t want to eliminate an ability if it is not a bug.

Any help would be appreciated.

KIAsan
TR-Emerald
I'd say the way to deal with an exploit is to tell everyone about it, thus forcing he devs to take notice. If a small few know about it, nothing will get done.
The Neo bug in battlefield 1942 that allowed players like me to propel ourselves at high speed into the air and fly unaided is a good example. The devs appeared to ignore it until a squad released a video detailing how to do it. Once everyone started flying the bug got squashed. Certain maps like omah were getting ruined since the allies could just take off into the air, fly over the enemy, then parachte behind their lines. I have to admit, when there were only a handful of folk doing it, it was waaay fun. Flying from one carrier to the next on Coral Sea is a whole new game in itself

However, if this is the course of action you take, make sure you make a new disposable alias account with which to post, since you'll be flammed to hell and back.