PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Can o' worms: Soul
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Elude
First Sergeant

Re: Can o' worms: Soul

Originally Posted by Saifoda View Post
Similarly the only people who would discredit the existence of extra terrestrial intelligence (a.k.a. aliens) will soon (imo) find their beliefs severely shaken. In the last decade or so alone we have discovered dozens of planets capable of supporting human life in most ways but a few (some planets will have surface temperatures in the hundreds, while others will have gravity of 15+G's, etc...). This is just within a few hundred light years of earth, and we are by no means done searching just our little corner of the galaxy alone. There is still the rest of the galaxy to explore, and then entire other galaxies (and ours is a medium sized galaxy; slightly smaller if you average all known galaxies). By the way there's an estimated 125 billion galaxies in the known universe. Again, that's just the known universe, and again if we are assuming the first scenario of an infinite universe, then there WILL be infinite galaxies.

My question to the nay sayers -- why is it you want to believe souls (or whatever else has not been "proven" yet) do not exist? Not tryin to be a dick I'm just legit curious.
The only people who would have their beliefs shaken are the ones who bind themselves to the point where it becomes a delusional fact in their minds as well as those who have multiple beliefs supporting each other.

I honestly don't care if you believe in god, aliens, or the afterlife. It's when someone uses something yet to be proven to support their beliefs I have a problem with.