PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech)
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-24, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

Re: How much emphases should empire theme have?(e.g TR=Rapidfire,NC=Power,VS=tech)

Originally Posted by Senyu View Post
Its kinda hard for the VS, its like the middle child.

TR are the fast shooters with high RoF. And the NC are slow but powerful shots.

But the VS is advance technology with versatility......there is no specific thing for that. Tho advance tech more versatile to me sounds like it would be the most powerful but can't for obv balance reasons. So what do you do in gameplay because looks only go so far. The VS really need a defined style of play. Personally I think the devs have this probably figured out but if they need ideas I suggest looking at the Tau from Warhammer40k universe. Read the codex book for the models, there are plenty of tech and themes that could fit the Vanu. Low Armor, Long Fire range, High mobility, Shields, Portabale tech. Its good stuff
well one way they can balence them is by instead of using RoF use Range. tr are generally better med range. NS are generally better close range, so give the vanu the benifit at long range. you could have their guns gain dmg as they travel, the farther they go the harder they hit, they can also gains speed with this to.