PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Gameplay: Dedicated driver certification for MBT
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Dedicated driver certification for MBT

Originally Posted by Lumberchuk View Post
On paper yes it has more damage potential, but in practice it could be completely different.
Not just more damage potential but more survivability and more tactical flexibility as well. And since the number of individuals working together in either scenario is two, I doubt they're really losing much in the way of situational awareness. The sole quantifiable downside is the cost and while I don't dismiss that entirely I believe that cost is and should be used to keep people from being suicidal with their equipment rather than to pose a significant barrier to entry.

Forgive me if I drift in and out of the conversation, work neverending and so on.

Originally Posted by Azren View Post
What we should try to achieve is to get this cert in a form how it can be implemented. The balance in power can be addressed later.
There's a legal concept I've heard of that if you accept any form of compensation for an issue then you forfeit the right to complain. For me this is basically that. I would rather go back and forth and hammer out an agreeable solution than accept a subpar one on the assumption that it will just be fixed later.