PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Right, We need to get to work on a publicity plan
View Single Post
Old 2014-07-17, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Re: Right, We need to get to work on a publicity plan

These tosspots running the show at SOE really should consider one of two options here if they give any damn about their reputation at all:

Either sort out the bugs and assign some intern or the janitor or smeds dog to moderate the game, or release the source code.

SOE is not going to make any single dime from this code anymore, so this would simply be some work to get it done but a crapton of positive pr and happy ps1 vets that might have some of their faith in the company restored by such a move.
Letting an MMO run completely unmoderated however looks completely unprofessional and can just be considered as a cruel joke at this point by any player left, especially when this is a major studio handling things so piss poorly.

So a tad little inconvience and work to do what i thought would be in the best interest of SOE anyways, namely appearing less like a "weyland yutani" kind of company whos upper management is controlled by brain parasites with a degree in marketing and research.
But i guess that would be a bit too much to ask.

There is only one thing i really don't understand here: Why are they letting PS1 run like someone is pulling a "weekend at bernie's" with its corpse? There is nothing to be gained here, it's just creating frustration for anyone involved.