PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Game won't start
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-27, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Voydspektre
Private

Unhappy Game won't start

Hi,
My problem is that when I click play on the Launchpad on the Steam version of PS2, the popup saying "Game is starting, please wait" comes up for a few seconds then disappears. The game doesn't start and soon after the Launchpad closes. When I try to run the Launchpad and Planetside2.exe, I get this error message:
Planetside2.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.
This is not graphics card related as I have had this issue with two cards, and I have tried verifying the Steam files, which downloaded 9GB but failed to fix the problem. This issue is also not caused by my Firewall or Antivirus, as I have made exceptions for all relevant programs (Planetside2.exe, Launchpad.exe and the entire folder) under all of them. When I submitted pretty much this exact post to the Support they refused to help because my CPU was slightly under the requirements. I have however heard examples of people being able to play with the same processor and even with lower Ghz.
I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!