PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Game Engine: Update While Playing?
Thread: Game Engine: Update While Playing?
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-25, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Re: Update While Playing?

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
You still havent answered my question. How the hell are they supose to play without their game being up to date?

Especialy after a big update like the last one. How are they supose to play withpout having the updated map or the stuff ascociated with max abilites or the lattice. And if it were posible to play without that why have clientside updates in the first place?
The way it works is you are receiving the update whilst you're ingame, downlowding it as you play. Then once the download is completed, it would inform you the applciation will now exit and update the game to the latest version, reopening the launcher once the update has been performed.

I really don't understand what your problem is... all I'm suggesting is there will be people out there who are happy to play the game and download the update at the same time, instead of spending a few hours doing something else! If you don't want to do it that way, however, the devs could make it so you simply uncheck an option for it in the Advanced Tools panel.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2013-05-25 at 08:50 PM.