PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - My Community Day Write-Up
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: My Community Day Write-Up

Originally Posted by cryosin View Post
Oh that was RadarX? The guy who was greeting and talking to everyone outside?

@Radar: I was the guy who you kept asking if I was sleepy or not, and I responded with half asleep but really excited lol.

Edit: Oh never mind I thought you meant that guy(TR tags + PS2 shirt outside) was RadarX. Ya I don't think i met him =(
Yeah, that guy outside (I'm seriously bad at names >< ) said he was a Community Manager for Everquest and whenever SOE makes some convention him and Radar get roomed together. Always. Lols. Anyway he was outside the whole time, but when we were leaving we went over and talked to him a bit more since he was a super cool guy and he said that Radar should be like one of the first people we met once inside the building. I had no idea. T_T

Originally Posted by shadar View Post
Were you tap or burst firing, stationary, strafing, or runing, what weapon were you using was it an assault rifle, smg or somthing else entirely?
+
Originally Posted by LegioX View Post
Can you please tell me about your experience flying?

1. How did the planes feel?
2. Can you freelook and do flying maneuvers at the sametime?
3. Do you have a 6 view? and if not how far back can you look?
4. Any energy retention on planes when you dive/climb?

Thanks. Good write up!

Burst firing mostly with some full auto spray, almost entirely stationary with some strafing Not enough for me to be able to tell the two apart, tho. Sorry. I only played twice (30 minutes each). Burst firing to me means 2-5 rounds per burst.

The first play through I went VS and liked pretty much everyone's weapons. The SMG had a little bit more spread, but a very high rate of fire compared to the HA's AR. I was basing my earlier numbers off of the HA's/Engi's rifles (Recap of the guesstimations: 30-40 feet no problems, 50 feet seeing moderate rate of missed shots, controlled tap bursts may increase the range +20-40 feet depending on customizations and player skill all without ADS). Got into a Mag once and shot down a Lib with the main cannon. Not too hard at only 100-150 yards, tho I do well at arcing projectiles.

The second play through I went NC just for the hell of it (population the second time with 2 of my friends and I going NC was 42% VS, 34% TR and 24% NC or something close to that). I found that while the NC LA SMG may have had more damage per shot the recoil and spread on their weapons are drastically increased. Same with the rifle variants on the HA and the Engi/Medic. They were just too spread out for my skill to handle. On this play through is when I got into the vehicles more than the infantry. The Vanny is a BEAST. I jousted with three different Prowlers in a solo vanny, got two of them and got ruined by the third. Jousted meaning that I ran the vanny past them while already spinning the main cannon turret to blow out their backdoors. Did the same thing to the second one before the third one finally got me. It probably would have been much more fair balanced if the Prowler pilots weren't incompetent. I also tried flying a Lib, but forgot to invert the mouse controls for air vehicles and ended up swinging up and down in the air for a good 2 minutes before I finally crashed.

Physics DOES have a major impact on all vehicles, ground, air and even the MAX I would say (sprinting takes a second to build up or slow down). The I'm not sure if I could say that the Lib built up a whole lot of momentum while diving so that the dive went faster, but pulling out of a dive sure was a fairly difficult accomplishment and sort of drawn out compared to leveling out of a climb.

Last edited by Kran De Loy; 2012-07-15 at 09:21 PM.