PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Is Planetside 2 ever going to have as much Content as Planetside 1?
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-29, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Is Planetside 2 ever going to have as much Content as Planetside 1?

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
So if a new MMO comes out.. Will it ever have as much content as WoW? < this kind of arguement.

Now I would say on the ground, PS2 has more content. PS1 had 20 weapons total across all factions? Sure there was more vehicles but they had set weapons. A Harasser with the Marauder becomes a Marauder style vehicle. So vehicle wise including cert upgrades you can make even more vehicles and with a new ES vehicle coming too there will be plently of ground content.

Continent wise, we know of 5 (Indar, Assmir, Amerish, Searhaus, Hossin) and PS1 style battle islands (MLG islands)

They have added more music into PS2 now, notice the new loading screen PS1 music esche songs?

Go look at release videos, they have added alot and with roadmap updated to Nov now. There is alot of content.

Be happy we dont have to pay $15 for 4 tiny ass maps....

Pointless thread?
most stupid post ever.

ps2 completely lacks quality content compared to ps1.

the mass of weapons that are almost the same and the masses of customisation and optics are no quality content. it´s the way the devs want us to pay for the game.
there were less weapons in ps1, but they were actually different weapons all with a special purpose and playstyle.

also the number of weapons says nothing about content. ps1 had an actual global gameplay. ps2 hasn´t.
ps1 had a ressource system that actually mattered and had a direct impact on battles. ps2 hasn´t.
ps1 had other playstyles available like infiltrators who could actually infiltrate a base and cause major havoc inside or engineers that could lay real minefields and fortifications, ps2 has nothing like that.

i could do this until the post is a massive wall of text, but i hope you get the picture. i really hope ps2 will catch up with ps1 on quality content, but i fear this will take years.

and i would have prefered to pay 15 bucks per month but have a clean game with consistant art style and a reasonable range of weapons instead of a free game that spawns lots of uggly custumisations and useless weapons just to pay the bills.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!