PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?
View Single Post
Old 2014-05-27, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hehateme
Private

Re: If SOE made Planetside 1 Open Source, what should be community focus?

Originally Posted by Edfishy View Post
Cut the time it takes to reload or change weapons in half.
Trust me this is a bad idea. Besides the fact that it is pointless, it will divide the community. Look at Quake/CS in their respected primes. Quake 3 had CPMa(best)/vq3/osp/ra3/Freezetag/insta/.... list goes on. CounterStrike had 1.everything till 1.6 was established competitive mode. All these community splits were based off of minor changes.
Don't mess with any weapon changes, maybe old lasher but that's it.

Originally Posted by Edfishy View Post
[*]If server-siding doesn't solve the ADADAD problem, see about making strafing less effective.[*]Close-range infantry combat is fairly terrible in PS1. I wouldn't recommend reducing the TTK, but maybe add in locational damage similar to the new War Thunder: Ground Forces to spice it up and make it more interesting.
This sounds like you want a community made Planetside 2 to me. Changing the ADADAD "problem" is changing the way Planetside is played. Yes, Planetside 1's gunplay is horrific, but it's also loads of fun and what makes Planetside what it is.

For me,
  • I wouldn't want any higher br than 25 (23 ideally tbh).
  • Ability to toggle your armor
    so br25 can have br7 armor ect
  • I wouldn't want to do CEP again, you can keep my ./comall and OS I just like my backpack's they look awesome.
    So cr5s for everyone who has one? Possibly a horrible idea, but I hate CEP grinding xD