PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-20, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Re: Roadmap Resource Revamp & Continental Lattice Updated

So the amount of resources you are gaining per minute, is determined by the power level of the bases around you? If so then I believe it works like this....

So if I'm in the warpgate I'm gaining them at a 100% rate, constant full power facility.

If I'm in a small cluster of several territories outside the warpgate and they are all at full power, I'm getting 100% rate.

If we own the entire continent I'm getting 100%

The only time I'm gaining a reduced rate of resources is when I'm defending a base, and I'm assuming it would be reduced when fighting a base. The amount I'm getting isn't involved with the capture of the continent at all, it's only lowering resources when I'm in action.

I'm really hoping that percentage is based off of how many territories you own, and it just drops a small percentage when there's less power at your nearby facility. So you still have the carrot on the stick of more land = higher resource gain, but now we have another tactical element of resupplying power to combat areas, more land = more power.

Planetside 1's slogan of For Land. For Power. Forever. would totally work here now
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2013-07-20 at 02:50 PM.