PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - AGN: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW
View Single Post
Old 2013-09-27, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Dreadnaut
Contributor
Private

Re: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW

Originally Posted by TorinPS View Post
We brought our competitive group to the match under the TGWW tag. Vast majority of people had it, the few that had no outfit, but played with us, we gave them the tag as a formality. Some people saw this as 'STACKING', we see it as playing with people that 'should' have been in the outfit all along.
Many of them WERE in the outfit, and I booted them out because they were sub BR 60 and I was seeing how high our outfit ranking would go on PSU without the lower level members. You don't recruit the best players by having your outfit appear at bottom of the list because you only run 30ish members. I'd take some skilled BR 30's over many many BR 100's I see that only got that high as a ScatMax or a Zepher whore before the nerf. Battle Rank means NOTHING except in this silly ranking that happens on stats websites.

So, it's all my fault, I'm the selfish asshole that wanted to see my outfit at the top of the leaderboards so I kicked out all the lower level members to trim the outfit down to approx 32-36 members. The same low level guys were STILL flying with us regardless of having or not having the TGWW tag.

It was stupid formality I had to reinvite them for the event, and I'll likely kick them out of the outfit again so our rank goes back up to where it should be. Why do you ask? Because right now rank is ONLY determined by average Experience which is a reflection of Battle Rank.

It's arbitrary, it's dumb, but that's what's going on behind the curtain.