View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: What a travisty

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
So how does Romney feel about polygamy?
Oh dear, mormons.

To be fair. Hit under the belt really, but yes. Good question. He tends to avoid the answer by stating his grandfather wasn't a polygamist (didn't marry more than one wife, which could have reasons like others having taken all the American women already and them having migrated to catholic Mexico in flight of a ban on polygamous weddings ). Meaning he does not imply he was against it, or didn't support or approve of it, just that they never practiced it.

http://www.inquisitr.com/222879/mitt...ampaign-trail/

Again, it also doesn't mean they did support it, his parents supported it or that he supports it.

More so, only splinter groups of the mormon churches are still said to practice polygamy. Communities that fled the use in 1890 typically did just that. Including the one his father was born and raised in. However, that same father did not stay there, so it's well possible he didn't quite agree with it.

Either way, suggesting Romney supports plural marriage is somewhat pushing it right now, since his direct family has only practiced monogamy and he's no exception. Question of course is, is that because he believes that's how it should be, or because it's illegal now?

But, is it relevant? One cannot honestly think that even if he'd get into office, he'd find the support to change that. It's a non-issue and a private matter, tbh.

Originally Posted by ziegler View Post
Either way, I am not taking the stance that all homosexuals are molesters or deviants or vice versa. I'm not gay...but I am deviant
But that still doesnt invalidate my stance of....if 3 adults enter into a marriage, it is not the governments place to tell those 3 consenting adults that they cant enter into a marriage.
I'm going to cut up these quotes and call you a hypocrite.

How is it okay for three consenting adults to marry, of which two are at least of the same sex, but not for two?