PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - broken game?
Thread: broken game?
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-06, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Traak
Colonel

Re: broken game?

I have seen posts by people on the PS official forum about never getting over 30fps in big battles, especially at biolabs. This is people with highly overclocked CPU's and dual high-zoot graphics cards.

I think they need to rewrite the code and optimize it for computers that were built after 1980.

CPU bottlenecking was Planetside 1's problem too.

This game chokes on itself in big battles.

I think they need upgraded servers, too, as their average capacity is not what's important. What's important is peak capacity. And peak capacity is drastically below what it needs to be.

Oh, and far more streamlined code, too.

I was just in a big battle. It took several seconds for it to acknowledge that I had hit the vehicle terminal, then a while for the menu to come up, then even longer for the thing that you press to get the vehicle.

Then, I saw my vehicle schematic on the screen, and found myself somewhere else. I spawned to my vehicle and I was where it was (A Sunderer) and it was a flaming wreck. I never even got to drive it. And later another Sundy, it got blown up and I got booted right out of the game with the warning "don't fire on friendly forces". I didn't even have a mine laid, and I was attempting to use the terminal on the side of the vehicle.

The fact of the matter is the code sucks, and they have insufficient peak capacity to properly function when it is most needed.

Problem is, to optimize the code would require troubleshooting what is happening, which costs money, which, no matter how many billions they rake in, Sony doesn't ever seen to want to do. Businesses run by bean counters fail. Or rice counters.

Spend the money and provide a better product.

Last edited by Traak; 2014-06-06 at 12:27 AM.