PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: Confirmed: 9 Sanctuaries at launch.

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
The argument that sanctuaries slow down gameplay is extremely, extremely weak. I have never, EVER heard anyone complain about it taking a minute or two to get your vehicle and go. There are many more benefits to having a sanctuary than there are cons. And, when you come to think of it, there really aren't any cons. That's just nitpicking.
Time yourself. From spawning at the Sanc to getting into the fight, even if you are using a Wasp at full afterburn, it will take you more than 2 minutes to get into a fight.

On top of that, if you want to form a raid against a pop-locked continent, you are unable to do it in the safety of a no-fire zone without everyone losing their spot. So you either have to wait who knows how long for everyone in the raid to get through the queue (which in the golden days could take over an hour) or go attack some less meaningful side skirmish. That basically neuters the raid before a shot is ever fired.

The footholds fix both of those.

Also, I picture the footholds as Sactuary warpgates except with structures inside. The friendly empire can go inside but the warpgate shield keeps everyone else out. From what we've seen so far, the PS2 warpgates are just as big if not bigger than the PS1 warpgates.