PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music
View Single Post
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-19, 10:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #148
Rodney Gates
PlanetSide 2
Audio Director

Re: PlanetSide 2 Audio & Music

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
I gotta ask, are you guys going to literally flood our ears with hundreds of simultaneous different sounds in the game, to where there's almost no solid silence? (though maybe at night silence would be awesome until the troops march in).

From the way the game seems now, it feels like it's "lacking" in it's own sense. It's already got more sound than anything I've seen but it feels like it's aiming to be even more. I can only guess that the finished work is going to almost be an orchestra of sound, not to mention flow well with the music.

It's got me rather excited to see how much the finished music will get my blue blood boiling and ready for action!
We are in a constant state of tuning of the game's soundscape, especially based on larger-population playtests. The amount of sound that will flood your ears will be proportional to the population that is in a given area, though we are working on priority schemes and control measures to keep things optimal for different "sound quality" (mostly voice count) settings a player may set, just as art and effects are doing with their work.

The game is a never-ending battlefield and the audio will definitely represent that. :-)