PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - My in progress build.
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-11, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ailos
Contributor
Major

Re: My in progress build.

What ^ said. Your frustrations with that card's performance in more recent games is probably largely caused by the CPU's bottleneck. Simply using it on that 3570K won't solve the issue, but you WILL notice an appreciable performance gain.

All the more reason to just wait just a little longer. I've been wanting to upgrade my Radeon 5770 in time for PS2 (not complaining about its performance, I just think it's time to upgrade), but I want to first a) see how it performs in PS2 beta, b) suffers from lack of PhysX.

I still think that having an extra 150W in reserve isn't a bad thing. I'm not advising against the cheaper 600W supply, I just think that having that reserve means that you're less likely to encounter issues if you decide to spice it up with dual cards (hybrid, dedicated PhysX, SLI or otherwise). Investing that extra $70 now means you won't have to buy another PSU a 1/1.5 years from now (which'll still cost the same $150) when PS2 pushes out a new content expansion that makes you want to SLI your 600 card.

Interior Crocodile Aviator
IronFist After Dark