PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - anti air
Thread: anti air
View Single Post
Old 2004-09-09, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

My solution is that they completely dump the VTOL system currently in place. In it's place they institute minimum speeds for all aircraft outside the Lodestar and Galaxy (which need to be able to land in more places than the combat aircraft). At all air repair/rearm pads they use some sort of stasis net which will halt the moving aircraft and heal/rearm it before allowing it to continue at speed. They then buff the rocket pods against armor and nerf it against soft targets. Then they buff the Reaver machine guns against softies. This encourages missile runs at vehicles (most likely taking more than one Reaver to be successful, and multiple passes) as well as encouraging gunning runs at soft targets if you're so inclined. This also encourages dogfights, and true bombing runs with the Liberator rather than the hovering in space spamming bombs we see now. It discourages skill-less rocket spamming quite a bit and encourages the use of skill in flight. Assuming they were willing to do all of this, I'd also say remove the AA MAXs and leave only the Skyguard and AV to deal specifically with air. Of course, something would have to be done about the Striker as it's so far superior to the Phoenix/Lancer against air currently but I haven't gotten that part figured out.