PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-21, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #180
Hosp
First Sergeant

Re: Huge Outfits and PlanetSide 2

Originally Posted by Punker View Post
I seem to remember a rather large NC zergfit that started on Markov, spamming all day every day recruiting messages to sanc. And proudly boasting the largest number of members than any other outfit in PS.

This outfit was HUGE, but the big drawback for them was mass inviting a lot of players who were just plain bad. The main tactic employed was to pick a target and swarm it, throw numbers at it and hope for the best.

Because of this, the outfit, while large, was still only as effective as the zerg. Their one and only tactic of throwing numbers at a base just didn't work against more organised, proficient and effective outfits. Better players were just outsmarting and outgunning them at every turn. They just couldn't compete with the speed other outfits were moving.

Once the servers merged to become one, I witnessed less and less of these members on. It was a rare sight to see this tag during the final years of PS. I guess they all moved on? had enough of being farmed by better players (and fewer of them) and decided enough was enough.

Fast forward to now, PS2 released and the most effective tactic in the game right now? Numbers. Numbers = winning. This outfit emerges from the shadows, boasting huge numbers once more and basking in the glory of winning fights because focusing their zerg-like numbers to one target works.

Knowing this I can understand why members of this outfit will want the game to stay as it is currently. Their tactics are surprisingly working for them, and they are no longer the laughing stock of the empire.

It still makes the game stale and boring for anyone willing to employ clever tactics, but that's okay - as long as this outfit can have their fun in the sun throwing baddies into the meat grinder then everything is fine.
+1 Cus it shows.