PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why is NC winning?
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-25, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
BDMJ
First Sergeant

For christ's sake guys, go post this tripe on the official forums, not here.

Oh well, since it is already on here I might as well post something thread relevant.

Blaming your losses on equipment is the easiest way of coming to terms with the fact that you cannot stand up to your enemy, but also the least productive. Next time, instead of blaming the loss of your avatar's life, the base you were defending, or the continent you were fighting on, on the enemies weapons, think of what you did wrong, and how you can fix it. I used MA exclusively for a long time, and when I got killed by a McG I didn't run off to the forums to whine and bitch about it then console myself with others who failed in a similar manner, I examined the way I approached the enemy, how he approached me, how I used my weapon, how he used his, what implants and armor each of us were using, etc.

Now for thoughts on individual weapon certs:

AV: get SA you dumbass.

MA: Their ttk is virtually identical, and any ttk differences are compensated for by clip size or firing characteristics.

HA: The only situation where the jackhammer is undeniably superior is in a tower battle. All other indoor battles give the other HAs enough room to defeat the JH's close combat dominance. Tower battles are best fought with SA anyway, so HA users are at a disadvantage in a tower fight to begin with.

MAX: The only problem in the max area is the pounder reload time, and perhaps the fact that any max unit is free xp for anyone with a deci in 1000m. All AV maxes suck, get SA. All AA maxes are terribly effective. All AI maxes are death to anyone without a deci.

Tanks: Prowler is the best AI tank by a long shot. Vanguard is the most balanced, with good AI and AV capabilities, but is the toughest to gun due to its slow refire rate. Mag is the best AV tank by a large margin, no more vanu bitching please.

And because one of you will bring this up, yes the beamer is the worst pistol, and the NC have the worst knife, now go troll the OF.