PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Why is NC winning?
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-25, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by BDMJ
AV: get SA you dumbass.
First off... LOL, yeah SA owns... but personally with my NC char I prefer the Phoenix to SA. But for VS and TR, yes, SA is the way to go.

HA: The only situation where the jackhammer is undeniably superior is in a tower battle. All other indoor battles give the other HAs enough room to defeat the JH's close combat dominance. Tower battles are best fought with SA anyway, so HA users are at a disadvantage in a tower fight to begin with.
Huh? Ok, gimme a Jack and you take SA in a tower... I think the jack wins CQB hands down in a tower or base or anywhere you have to fight close. Past point blank range though the Jack is a "here I am" flare gun.

Tanks: Prowler is the best AI tank by a long shot. Vanguard is the most balanced, with good AI and AV capabilities, but is the toughest to gun due to its slow refire rate. Mag is the best AV tank by a large margin, no more vanu bitching please.
Prowler best AI tank? To kill an agile or rexo infantry you need to score a direct hit with the 100mm. The 150mm on the Van kills both with splash damage. The Van is the best AI and AV tank. The Mag is the best mower in the game and the best AA tank. At a distance the Mag is better at AV than the Van, but otherwise the Van just owns.

A moment of trolling...

I forget who it was who mentioned in another post how he loves air battles because everything that flys is common pool. So now only skill, teamwork, and tactics apply to victory conditions. I gotta agree with this. Since I went Air Calvary it's breathed new life into this game. I prefer the "all things even" test of skill like in sports... You don't have to deal with Surge-o-porting, Speedsteppers, Jackhammers in instagib mode (tri-shot), and AI MAX units.

Also in another post someone mentioned that Air was too powerful because they can run from AA MAX units and never get killed... All I can say about that is if you are in ANY aircraft and you see that lock on warning... if you don't instantly hit AB and fly AWAY you will die nearly instantly. Anyone complaining about ANY of the AA MAX units has never flown against them.

Last edited by BadAsh; 2004-01-25 at 09:43 PM.