PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Upcomming Surge Changes!
View Single Post
Old 2004-03-13, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

What I don't get is why everyone assumes that MA/Rexo is the way combat should be fought. Surgile is a viable tactic imo, I could very easily spend 3 certs and get rexo/pshield, but as a personal choice I like to move faster and I really don't try to warp, and I have no idea that I am warping until someone accuses me of it. Personally, I have almost never seen anyone truely warping just because of surge, I see rexos doing it too, flying through walls and such, but even then, hardly regularly.

There have been 3 types of grunts I have seen with any regularity, Rexos with MA, Rexos with HA, and surgiles with HA.
http://www.thottbot.com/planetside/2...heavy_assault/
Notice that of all br 10's across servers, 74% of nc with HA have rexo as well.
So of the NC that have Jackhammer, (38%), only 26% of those are activly surgiling.
Will the whiners not be happy until agile is completely useless as a combat armor? There does not have to be one formula for how a grunt has to go into combat. Everyone going in a rexo is just as boring as everyone and their grandmother carrying a lasher.

Hell, if you want to go pure cert-points spent v. cert-points spent, MA rexos spend 5 certs, surgiles spend 6 + an implant, the Rexo deserves to die up close. HA rexos spend 9 certs, I know as a surgile, a good MCG rexo can screw me up bad if he knows i am coming, a decent lasher rexo can do the same thing. If you add personal shield to the rexo, making it a full 3-point advantage then yes, I have a very hard time dealing with Rexos. That means that with JH, now the slowest ttk up close, I have to deal about 400 pts of damage to them before they do 200 to me. Tough, but I manage.

EDIT: Also to all of you whiners complaining about one guy in agile kiling 3-4 people in a row, did it occur to you that 1. They were probably better, 2. They were more prepared, 3. The people were not paying attention and either got snuck up on or acted like deer in the headlights. A sugile jumping on 3 rexos with mcg's drawn paying attention to their surroundings = dead surgile in about a half a second. A surgile jumping on 3 Rexos all picking their ass looking the wrong way should = 3 dead rexos imo.

Imo, close-range combat was good, fast-paced (like it should be) and balenced. (yes, even against the uber-lasher)

In any case, I delt with the JH being nerfed repeatedly and rexos + other HA weapons being buffed, I will deal with being slower too I guess. More incentive for me to never leave my vanguard =\ until the rexobunnies start bitching about not being able to kill those with their ub3r med assault.

Last edited by Eldanesh; 2004-03-13 at 05:39 AM.