PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - THE solution for Darklight.
View Single Post
Old 2004-08-19, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ZAYZAY
I think I have a much better and simpilier solution to DL. Just make it tunnel vision so that the person using darklight would have to actually scan the area to find the clocker. It also prevents flickering.

See this post

Originally Posted by Gunslinger
I totaly DISAGREE with boomer. Those additions you suggested = no fucking way. Cmon 'cloaking' is our defence its a damn good one at that. However you are correct about DL, it is far too powerful.

1) DL is forced to a 1x zoom. This would force first-person. And limit thier detection abilities. They would have to make actual sweeps, and it would be painfully obvious when they were. However they could still defend the CC and if you were made they still could get you.
2) Add a crouch-walk to the game that limits your crouched speed by 50% but makes you 95% invisable.
3) Make it so that if you select the all names option in gameplay all the names are actually rendered up to say 75m. Tired of not being able to see a persons life/armor let alone name because theire are 4 prowlers and 10 spitfires around a tower.

Add that and belt-fed TR maxes and everyone will be happy.

Edited for clarity.
When I said make it a 1x zoom thats what I ment. That WOULD solve alot and be an acceptable nerf to DL. Maby make it so that DL takes 10 stamina to activate.

Boomer: Takes 5 seconds to detect someone with DL? Jesus do you want cloaking to be noobified? My suggestion has 2 things over that. 1) It might actually be considered. 2) It makes DL more of a "sweep".

5 seconds is a long time, if I saw someone I could easily find cover and completly evade them. We havent even addressed the timer issue. Would it be based on LOS of ammount of time having DL on? If its the latter then perhaps that is a good idea but if you mean to tell me that they have to keep a LOS on me running away, uhh no.