PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PS Code of Honor Pact
View Single Post
Old 2014-03-30, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: PS Code of Honor Pact

Originally Posted by GodlessHeretic View Post
This just makes you look like a hypocrite and invalid. Despite this being called a forum, i'm starting to get the impression not alot of actual debating has been done here. I'd really like to be wrong though and have this just being a few bad apples ruining a bunch.
Here in lies the problem. You refrained from posting your actual argument for the longest time(I.E. not debating):

I had a giant wall of text in response to this, but i lost it. I'll sum it up for you though:

NO. To all of this. Chivalry is dead in Planetside. Play the game as it is, or go play something else.

I had a giant wall of text in response, but then i realized something...

Your argument is invalid. Also, i just don't care anymore.

Then when you finally did take part in the discussion, any of your clever attempts to "dismantle" anyones arguments basically resulted in you telling them "no" and and telling them it's their opinion, not explaining why you felt this way:

Your concept of what's "destructive" and "enjoyable" to this game is an opinion.
Why?

Save your personal attacks for someone who cares. I am not that person. The problem here is what is considered social interaction. Our opinions on this subject differ.
How?

Again, this matter of opinion that you seem to be hot-blooded and flustered over. Personal attacks just make you look weak and your argument invalid.
Why?

Once again...matter of opinion. Your arrogance is starting to irritate me a bit. You also seem to be completely disregarding parts of my previous post as well.

I think you see a running theme here...

First of all, no shit it's their opinion. When people are arguing a stance on a subject, clearly they have a opinion. There isn't a right or wrong. That's why you argue. And when you disagree with someone you tell them why. You may have the it all considered in your head (to be honest you probably don't)but that just doesn't mean jack shit unless you can articulate it in a way that others can comprehend it and get behind your idea. You seem to believe that having an opinion somehow invalidates someones argument. Well by that logic, that's your opinion and that's invalid!

I'm not sure you understand what a discussion is. You can't just shout no or say someone's argument is invalid and that's the end of it. You have to actually back up your claim with reasons. Also, just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you have to have the most hostile and demeaning stance possible. You can argue against something in a diplomatic fashion you know.

I've said before, if you don't agree with it then nothing is forcing you to post here. You argue here as if it's a matter of life and death. As if anything on this list would affect you in any way. Nothing is making you have to take part it in. You would be completely unaffected by anything suggested in this thread (Oh my goodness, that kind of sounds like the entire point of this doesn't it?) and the game would go one as it would anyhow. You lingering by simply calling people's arguments "invalid" doesn't do anything. In fact, it makes you lose credibility and makes your arguments invalid. You come off as that child in the playground who is losing a game, quickly changes the rules at the last minute and as soon as anyone protests shouts "no!" until the teachers rush over to change your diaper.

I'll await your "wall of text" in response to this .

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON

Last edited by Death2All; 2014-03-30 at 11:26 AM.