PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - News: Update Notes 06/26 Continent Locking and Hossin
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-27, 02:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Update Notes 06/26 Continent Locking and Hossin

My thoughts on Hossin so far, WIP sure but it's one heck of a fun fight. During Miller primetime there was an Indar alert which the VS & TR went off to fight, leaving only those sick of that Continent to fight on Hossin against almost the entire NC faction who stayed and they really gave us a fight, managed to hold the line though.... in places

Proper jungle fighting, you never knew which direction the enemy were going to be coming from while fighting from base to base, the tree canopy limited the use of air cover which was as a ground grunt was great. (wasn't entirely useless as some claimed) I think the sky whales had the worse trouble trying to pick people up from the ground, most ended up upside down and in flames but meh it's a JUNGLE. People were utilising more ground transports, I saw loads of Harassers again.

I LOVE THE SWAMP FOG! Those luminescent red plants are great looking and scaling the big trees as a LA to get into new and vicious positions is a new fun hobby, heck I may have to even dust off my drifter jets for this place as they may actually work better *shock* *horror* *surprise*!!
There's some brilliant new terrain objects/props from just the hollowed out dead trees to the open sided containers in some bases, we need more of this stuff in game, makes great fighting cover.

Hossin really requires a new set of play/tactic books to adhere to from the other 3 continents which really sets it apart, don't know how others feel about it but great job dev's that's what I wanted in Hossin to feel like it was another world if you understand me, Indar, Easamir & Amerish are a little to samey in design. Can't wait to see this gem all polished up

my 2 cents

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms