PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - PCGamer : Planetside 2 Maps will have "50:50 or 60:40"Indoor:Outdoor combat breakdown
View Single Post
Old 2011-07-13, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rarntogo
Corporal

Re: PCGamer : Planetside 2 Maps will have "50:50 or 60:40"Indoor:Outdoor combat break

When PS first came out and for, I would guess, a year or so after there was alot of outdoor battles. You had to fight outdoors to even get close enough to a base or tower to fight indoors because there were so many people in the battle. Epic battles for a hills or ravines, bridges etc... any bottleneck where a defender could make a stronghold. It's what gave the game such great diversity. Tanks, planes, infantry all out in the open. You had to break through at least 3 lines of defense before you could get into any base. Every inch of ground was fought for. You couldnt just zerg your way thru, it took planning and coordination. I think this is what they are trying to get back to. When you got the defenders pushed back into a base is when the long hard battle started. Good times and I look forward to that again. 50/50 is what I hope for. I think having missions will help accomplish that.