PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - 1 empire per account and F2P
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-25, 05:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Redshift
Major

1 empire per account and F2P

I'm making this thread hoping that Higby will drop by and say something but moreover i'd just like to share an issue i forsee

We've been told that you can only have 1 empire on a server from each account.
Higby has also stated he expects people to have more than one account to play all three empires.

To start with this obviously has nothing to do with empire loyalty, PS1 you payed for the game you were locked to one empire, PS2 being F2P it's impossible to force people onto one empire. In actual fact it may hurt PS2 balance trying to force one empire, higby has been talking about empire incentives to balance the numbers, but ultimately if i've payed for gear on one account i'm not likely to swap for a small exp boost.

I can see only one benefit of this idea, and it's SOE hoping that people will pay for cash shop items more than once if they're on different accounts, i don't really have a problem with this as SOE needs to make money, even if this is a bit of a cynical way of doing it.

What i do have a problem with is the inconvenience of having 3 accounts to manage.

I'm pretty sure we could get around this by allowing multiple empire per account and just making some bits of the cash shop empire specific.

What do you lot think about it?