PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Ideas for the "Rich get richer" problem
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
Kran De Loy
Captain

Re: Ideas for the "Rich get richer" problem

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
I think the only reason they do it is either they are stupid or its normally the closest place to go, but i think the first reason sounds most likely.
Combination of both. Now think of the same thing happening on a much larger scale. It would logically fix itself should it happen on a large enough scale, but there will always be exceptions and there will be times when a very large amount of people will all do the same stupid thing all at once because they haven't got their brain turned on and those times will happen much more often then they should.

Originally Posted by Necronile View Post
They could shorten the time it takes to take over a richer empire's base,
what I mean is that the more resources an empire has,the faster the time of her base
being captured by a poor empire.
Not such a great idea. The larger a faction expands the more it has to cover until a certain point when the battle lines begin to shrink again. At first you'd think that would be a reason to support your idea, but at that point the concentration of players for the smaller empire becomes much higher within their own territory. Essentially it becomes a matter not of one faction gathering too much, but the other factions have too little room for roughly the same amount of people.

If the factions with less territory lose even more territory then the bigger empire begins to really see an increase in back hacking. Which while difficult for the invaders, they would only really need a 100 or so to pull up to double that of the larger empire's people off the front line for the invader's empire to push back out again.

Originally Posted by The Kush View Post
I know more about that then you could dream of, unlike some people who seem to be confused. As I have said and Panda put really nicely.. there are too many hexes it would be nearly impossible to pin an empire to their own base. An empire simply spreads out and hits multiple targets at once, that would be one quick and easy solution. You can't put your full force against an empire you have pinned because you will have to defend your hexes from two factions. This WILL NOT be an issue.
Glad to see you've been paying attention. /sarcasm