PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Adding "carrots" to PS:N
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-16, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sifer2
Major

Re: Adding "carrots" to PS:N

I agree with you TC but in fact I think we have to go farther than just simple cosmetic unlocks an achievement badges. Since Planetside 1 already has a lot of that an it still isn't enough to keep the game full on players.

I think the gameplay itself needs long term goals. More than just bases you take over today but you come back an all are recaptured by the enemy tomorrow. That's the key difference between an MMO like Planetside and an most other fantasy based one's. You usually have something like raiding with your guild an you unlock more content an better equipment with them.

Gearing up wont work for Planetside it would take something more creative. I hesitate to suggest anything myself not knowing how Next will work in the slightest. I think some element of Empire economy would be worth trying though. Such as you can't just order up weapons/vehicles anytime your Empire has to acquire the resources by holding certain resource gathering facilities long enough. Just something to make the player feel they are accomplishing something of long term use when they play. If not for their own characters power then for their Outfit/Empire.

Last edited by Sifer2; 2011-04-16 at 05:25 PM.